For this assignment, you will conduct a literature review of the following leadership approaches.
Develop an introduction on the background of each leadership approach and the purpose of the chosen article.
- Trait Leadership Approach – provide background information, and a description of this leadership style
- Skills Leadership Theory – provide background information, and a description of this leadership style
- Transformational Leadership Approach – provide background information, and a description of this leadership style
Analyze each of the seven (7) articles/sources provided, and describe the key themes that emerge across the seven selected articles.
Synthesize the material and summarize the patterns of similarities and differences regarding how each of the authors has presented on the selected leadership approaches.
Based on your analysis of the literature, conclude by recommending a specific leadership approach that would be most effective for managing ethical behavior in a hospital/healthcare setting. Be sure to justify your choice.
List of Articles
Below is the list of articles to be used for this assignment.
- Teaching Implicit Leadership Theories to Develop Leaders and Leadership: How and Why It Can Make a Difference.
- Leadership ethics at work: More than mere talk. http://web.b.ebscohost.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/ehost/detail/detail?sid=307e3c5b-b394-428f-87e8-9a30eb1ca9b8%40sessionmgr101&vid=0&hid=128&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#AN=86952174&db=bth
- The utility of transactional and transformational leadership for predicting performance and satisfaction within a path-goal theory framework.
- Character, Leadership, and the Healthcare Professions, http://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ886798
- Assessing the influence of health literacy on health information behaviors: A multi-domain skills-based approach. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0738399115301579
- Leadership and Organizational Success: An Examination of the Traits, Skills, and Transformational Approaches
- Transformational–transactional leadership and upward influence: The role of Relative Leader–Member Exchanges (RLMX) and Perceived Organizational Support (POS)