Article Critique Esssay
The transcript and ppt of your critique presentation should consist of the following sections:
1. the title of the reading in APA 7th referencing style,
2. the real-life context of the study reported in the article,
3. the literature review, which provides the academic context of the study/article,
4. the aims of the article,
5. the main claims and the supporting evidence for each of the main claims (Please present in the
format of claim 1+evidence; claim 2+evidence, etc.),
6. the overall argument/conclusion of the article, and
7. the methods used to achieve the aims of the article. (These refer to methods that gather and
analyze the evidence used by the author to support the claims.)
8. You are not required to read any academic works other than the article you critique to complete
9. Write in your own words. Make sure that you do not copy and paste substantial parts of the
reading that you critique into your transcript.
If you do cite specific phrases you are required to give an in-text citation with direct quotation
marks and page numbers.