Your firm was hired to conduct an audit for the City of Happy Valley. The city is heavily involved in community outreach and receives federal program funds. City of Happy Valley had the following allocations for funds:
- Farmers’ Market Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Support Grants, $14,270
- Farm to School Grant Program, $212,755
- Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention, $149,620
- Family Violence Prevention and Services/State Domestic Violence Coalitions, $265,000
- Child Care Mandatory and Matching Funds of the Child Care and Development Fund, $800,000
- Abandoned Infants $235,000
- Preschool Development Grants, $32,000.
- Define any Type A programs, which qualify based on size alone. Identify the programs you would choose for the audit based on their size alone and explain why you chose these programs.
- The risk-based approach exempts certain programs from the assessment. Does the city of Grand View have any programs that meet these exemptions?
- Locate each program sponsor by visiting the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) website (cfda.gov (Links to an external site.)).
- Do any of the programs qualify to be audited as a single program according to OMB when performing a risk-based approach audit? Which programs can be part of the same cluster and why?
- Write a paper of 4-6 pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings, including professional business language.
- Cite at least three credible, academic, or professional sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook.
- Format your paper according to Writing & APA.