It is important to know that public policy runs through a cycle, and in this cycle there is a period of stasis and stability, as well as a period of decline. For this assignment, you will write a white paper that expands upon the idea of the rise of a public policy and moves to the evolution of a public policy. Choose a peer-reviewed article for your assignment and analyze how the policy evolves over time. You will also write this analysis using a different theoretical lens.
In your 6 page white paper, address the following:
· Explain how researchers use theories to analyze the evolution of a public policy.
· Evaluate the way the scholarly article uses the theoretical lens to explain the evolution of the public policy.
· Recommend a different theoretical lens to use to enhance the analysis of the evolution of the public policy.
· Incorporate instructor feedback from previous assignment to enhance, concision, cohesion and content.
· Written communication: Your writing should clearly identify where each grading criteria or part of the assignment is addressed. Your points must be logical, substantive, and relevant based on the evidence presented. The writing must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA guidelines: Resources and citations must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting. When appropriate, use APA-formatted headings.
· Resources: Your ideas must be supported with relevant recent, scholarly sources that are dated within the past five years and are properly cited and referenced in current APA style.
· Length of paper: 6 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and references.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
· Writing assistance is available through the Writing Center or Smarthinking, the free online writing tutorial and review service.