For this assignment you will conduct an interview with an individual in the organization in which you are interning/working. The candidate you select should possess the knowledge, experience, and qualifications that will help you gain the perspective of an expert or insider within the field. If the candidate you select refuses to be interviewed thank him or her and seek a different candidate for this assignment.
It is important to understand that the interview begins before you meet the person. It is critical that you first contact the interviewee to schedule a convenient time and place for the interview and explain the purpose of the interview. You should research thoroughly the person you will be interviewing, the position, and the organization. Keep in mind the interviewee is taking time out of their busy schedule to help you. Therefore, it is important to prepare your questions in advance, be punctual and organized. It would also be wise to let them know how long you expect the interview to take. If you plan on recording the interview you must get the prior approval of your interviewee. Your final question should be an invitation for the interviewee to add any final points or comments.
You are to write a 5 page interview essay. Your essay should include the following:
- The name of the organization including full contact information and the interviewee’s position and his or her title. New York city Administration for children services
- A brief summary of what the organization does.
- The steps you took to obtain the interview and why you selected the candidate you did for this assignment.
- A summary of the comments and answers provided by the interviewee.
- Any surprising information that you learned as a result of the interview.
- How you will use this information in your future career decision making.
- Attach a list of your interview questions to your paper.
- Students are expected to fully adhere to proper APA in the development of this assignment: no plagiarized submissions will be accepted.
Interview questions are as follows:
- Name and title of interviewee: Margarita Langeland
- How long have you been with organization? 25 years
- Has your role changed since you have been with the organization?
- What did you do before coming to the organization?
- What is your educational background and types of training?
- What has been the greatest success in your professional career?
- Was there a person in your life that really made in a difference in your career?
- What traits do you look for in an employee?
- What have you enjoyed most about working in the organization?
- What have you enjoyed least about working in the organization?
- If you had opportunity to change your career would you and if so what would that career be?
Scores will be based on the Interview Research Assignment Grading Rubric which can be found in the Course Information module. All papers should be typed and submitted though the Week Eleven Assignment module. Papers that are emailed will not be accepted. This assignment is due by the end of Week Eleven. Late papers will not be accepted.