- Research, compose, and type a scholarly paper based on the scenario described below, and choose a conclusion scenario to discuss within the body of your paper. Reflect on lessons learned in this class about technology, privacy concerns, and legal and ethical issues and addressed each of these concepts in the paper, reflecting on the use of smartphones and social media in healthcare. Consider the consequences of such a scenario. Do not limit your review of the literature to the nursing discipline only because other health professionals are using the technology, and you may need to apply critical thinking skills to its applications in this scenario.
- Use Microsoft Word and APA formatting. Consult your copy of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, sixth edition, as well as the resources in Doc Sharing if you have questions (e.g., margin size, font type and size (point), use of third person, etc.).
3. The length of the paper should be four to five pages, excluding the title page and the reference page. Limit the references to a few key sources (minimum of three required). 4. The paper will contain an introduction that catches the attention of the reader, states the purpose of the paper, and provides a narrative outline of what will follow (i.e., the assignment criteria). 5. In the body of the paper, discuss the scenario in relation to HIPAA, legal, and other regulatory requirements that apply to the scenario and the ending you chose. Demonstrate support from sources of evidence (references) included as in‐text citations.
6. Choose and identify one of the four possible endings provided for the scenario, and construct your paper based on its implications to the scenario. Make recommendations about what should have been done and what could be done to correct or mitigate the problems caused by the scenario and the ending you chose. Demonstrate support from sources of evidence (references) included as in‐text citations.
7. Present the advantages and disadvantages of using smartphones and social media in healthcare and describe professional and ethical principles to the appropriate use of this technology, based on facts from supporting sources of evidence, which must be included as in‐text citations.
8. The paper’s conclusion should summarize what you learned and make reflections about them to your practice.