NOTE: Use info/factors from your text. Show all calculations or explanations on the next page.
- What size (in gallons) would a gas water heater need to be for a home with the following condition: 2 people, 1-washing machine, 2-bathtubs, 1-shower? What size electric water heater would be required?
- Water pressure in a municipal street main is 60 psi. If floor to floor height is 10’-0”, how many stories can a building have and still get 24 psi on the top floor?
- Estimate the number of water closets(WC), urinals(UR), lavatories(LAV), and drinking fountains(DF) for an elementary school with 600 students, 22 teachers, 4 administrators and 8 staff.
- Assume the elementary school above also has 4 service sinks and 12 hose bibs, calculate the Supply Fixture Units (SFU) and Drainage Fixture Units (DFU).
- A four story hotel is 64 feet tall and has a total of 600 DFU (150/floor). Size the building drain, soil stack and vent stack.