Principles of multidomain operations MDO and mission command MC
Case Study of IA Drang
1. Write an essay, using critical and creative thinking to answer the following: How did the actors in your assigned case study exercise or fail to exercise the principles of multidomain operations (MDO) and mission command (MC) as outlined in Army Doctrine Publication (ADP) 3-0 and ADP 6-0.
2. The essay will be a 1200-1500 word analysis of the question above. The title and reference pages are not included in the overall word count. An abstract page is not required. The material for this paper should come from the assigned readings, class discussion, outside research and the assigned case study. The four sections highlighted below are required in the assignment. The following format allows you to organize your thoughts in a logical sequence while promoting clarity. The paper must follow American Psychological Association (APA) edition 7 guidelines of Purdue Owl located at http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
3. Introduction – Here is where you will set the scene of your case study by providing some background information, relevant facts and discuss the key problems and issues. Additionally your introduction should illustrate that you have researched the problems (MDO & MC) thoroughly and should lead into your purpose statement or thesis. (Ex. The purpose of this case study is to demonstrate a comprehensive analysis of the concepts of MDO and MC.)
4. Body of the Paper (Analysis) – You should base this section on research, facts, logic, and your ideas about the application MDO and MC. The section should flow from point to point with transitions between points. You may want to consider creating level 2 headers to distinguish your analysis of MDO and MC.
5. Conclusion – This section should simply summarize the question at issue, thesis statement, purpose statement and main points.
6. References – You must use proper citations and references to identify borrowed material and avoid plagiarism. You must use a minimum of three (3) references. The only source for APA that you should use is located at http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.