Read and Review Armstrong and Taylor Chapter
After reading and viewing the background materials, (especially the Armstrong and Taylor chapter), address the following questions in 10-12 PowerPoint slides (not counting the cover slide and reference list slide). Be brief in words on the slides and insert everything you would say in the Comments/Notes section under the slides, not on the actual viewable slides. [Plan the presentation for an audience of adults working on an HRM undergraduate degree.]
Bring in at least two valid and reliable outside readings found in peer-reviewed journal articles in the Trident Online Library to support your response to each question. List the sources used at the end of your slide presentation; but cite your sources on the notes pages of the appropriate slides.
1. When should an organization recruit globally?
2. What are the advantages and challenges of traditional expatriate assignments, where employees are sent to another country to work and live for multiyear assignments? (This should be multiple slides.)
3. Explain the differences between geocentric, ethnocentric, polycentric, and regiocentric staffing policies. In what way do these terms relate to the concepts of diversity, inclusion, and equity? (This should be multiple slides.)
4. What is an example of a successful American multinational corporation? Why is it considered successful?
5. What is an example of an unsuccessful American multinational corporation? Why is it considered unsuccessful?
Your presentation will be evaluated using the criteria as stated in the Case rubric. The following is a review of the rubric criteria:
• Assignment Requirements: Does the assignment directly answer each assignment question and follow assignment instructions closely?
• Critical Thinking: Were alternatives considered, with best answer/solution defended? Are arguments well developed and logical? Are responses easy to follow?
• Writing and Assignment Organization: Is scholarly vocabulary used? Are paragraphs coherent? Are there little to no errors in spelling or grammar? Is a clear and engaging style used?
• Use of Sources and Mechanics: Does the student demonstrate mastery formatting in-text citations and references? Are relevant and quality sources used to support compelling ideas? Do they convey understanding of the topic to shape the whole work?
• Timeliness of Assignment: Was the assignment submitted on or before the due date?