Visual Arts Summary
Research one painting, sculpture, or work of architecture.
- You CANNOT select a work of art located in Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of our textbook, Reality Through the Arts by Dennis J. Sporre.
- The following works of art and artists are EXCLUDED as options for this assignment – Leonardo da Vinci’s The Mona Lisa, Michelangelo’s Pieta, Donatello’s Mary Magdalene, and any work of art by Mary Cassatt
Write a 350- to 700-word summary describing your selected work of art or architecture. Include the following in your description:
- A description of the use of color, line, composition, or other formal elements in the work
- A description of the types of media or materials used in the work
- An overview of the subject represented or the style of architecture
Apply appropriate APA formatting.
Submit your assignment as a Microsoft Word Document using the Assignment Files tab