Affordable Care Act
Imagine you are an office manager for a ten-physician primary care practice. You have been asked by the physician group to research and give a presentation on the new regulations impacting the practice as a result of the Affordable Care Act. Using the resources provided, plus at least two other peer-reviewed articles based on your own research, develop a PowerPoint presentation of 14–16 slides, complete with speaking notes. Address the following:
- Explain the Affordable Care Act and its impact on the U.S. health care system and on the practice of health care in the United States.
- Analyze current trends in policy, and predict future reforms as a result of the current state.
- Explain how regulatory agencies have evolved to address health reform and policy.
- Explain how health care reform and policy have impacted health care quality and cost.
You might want to (but do not have to) organize your presentation using the following outline:
- Slide 1: Title of the Presentation.
- Slide 2: Brief explanation of the purpose of the presentation.
- Slide 3: The Affordable Care Act.
- Slide 4: Impact on the U.S. Health Care System.
- Slide 5: Impact on the Practice of Health Care in the United States.
- Slides 6–7: Current Trends in Policy.
- Slide 8: Future Reforms.
- Slides 10–12: The Role of Regulatory Agencies (one slide per agency you address).
- Slide 13: Impact to Quality.
- Slide 14: Impact to Cost.
- Slide 15: Concluding Summary.
Your presentation should consist of:
- 14–16 bulleted slides.
- Speaker notes that fully explain each slide.
- A minimum of two peer-reviewed references, in addition to resources offered in this course or that you find yourself, including government websites.
- Appropriate APA citations and peer-reviewed references on each slide, as necessary.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
Competency 1: Analyze current health reform, policy, and regulation in U.S. health care.
Explain the Affordable Care Act and its impact on the U.S. health care system and on the practice of health care in the United States.
Analyze current trends in policy and predict future reforms.
Explain how health care reform and policy have impacted health care quality and cost.
Explain how regulatory agencies have evolved to address health reform and policy.
Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others.
Produce a presentation that conveys understanding of the topic, its context, and its relevance.
Use academic writing conventions such as APA formatting and citation style, or others as required.
Produce writing that includes minimal grammar, usage, and mechanical errors, including spelling.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!