Durability of Concrete Report
Pick a concrete structure to analyze
(1) define the environmental loads on each structural members,
(2) determine the most relevant deterioration mechanism and design your concrete/cover for each member taking into account the reality of construction,
(3) if concrete/cover have already been chosen in the drawings then justify their likely performance, and
(4) impose QC and maintenance measures necessary to deliver the required design life.
The report should in-detail the following:
1) Cover thickness
2) Concrete strength required
3) Mix design aspect to achieve the concrete needed
This should be done for Piles, abutments, and beams all with respect to the standards As5100 and As3600. The report should include diagrams and of the all aspects of the bridge.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!